E3 2018 is done and dusted, and I’m now stuck in those E3 blues I spoke about before. I moan about it every year, because it really sucks. Anyway, instead of giving you guys the roundup of what has happened over the course of last week (because you probably know what happened anyway), I thought I’d give a list of the games I’m super pumped about. So, lets get started, shall we?
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
While I didn’t play Life is Strange, I was really intrigued by The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit and it brought out the child in me. I was a weird kid with a wild, vivid imagination and seeing the trailer gave me a strange feeling of nostalgia. Here are some details that we know about The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit:
– It will be free-to-play, with around 2 hours of gameplay. It is set in the same universe as Life is Strange, and will serve as an introduction to Life is Strange 2.
– You play as Chris, a 10-year-old boy with a very inventive imagination, in which he becomes Captain Spirit.
– It will have a lot of replayability, as each decision you make will change the outcome of the story.
– It won’t be linear. You will be able to explore inside the house and outside and interact with most objects. You choose what you want to do from the start of the game, which gives you a completely unique story to play through each time.
Remember this one? It’s been a while since we saw anything Cyberpunk 2077 related, and this year we got a glimpse of whats to come. CD Projekt Red gave us a brand new trailer to drool over during Microsoft’s E3 presentation, and it created a lot of buzz with people wanting more and more. I am one of those people. So, what do we know?
– You play as a character called V. You also have access to character creation too, where you’re able to customise everything from gender, hair, clothing etc.
– The game wont feature any classes, but will have features from Cyberpunk 2020 such as Solo, Techie and Netrunner. The game will let you pick and choose what parts you want to use without limiting you to just the one class.
– Cyberpunk 2077 will play in first-person, rather than third. It’s also an RPG!
Forza Horizon 4
Forza Horizon 4 is literally my dream game. I have always said that I’d love for horizon to be set in my home country – and here we are! I’m finally able to drift around and go full throttle along Britain’s roads, and I’m awfully excited. What’s new in Forza Horizon 4?
– Changing seasons will be featured in the new instalment. This also opens up new areas for you to drive in. The seasons also change at the same time for everyone.
– You’re able to buy businesses and properties for the first time.
– Character customisation will be featured too, along with ’emotes’ being added in.
– The game is always online, which means you’re experiencing the same things as the other racers at the same time. There is an option to turn this off though if you wanted to.
– Forza Horizon 4 is being released on October 2nd. It cannot come soon enough.
Kingdom Hearts 3
I may not have completed the first one, and I may be currently going through the second, but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for the Kingdom Hearts 3. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that this is a long time coming, and we were given a release date of January 29th, 2019 – my birthday of all days!
– Kingdom Hearts 3 will feature returning fan-favourite worlds, such as Twilight Town and Olympus. There are new worlds for us to explore too from movies like Frozen, Toy Story and Tangled just to name a few.
– You’re able to have up to 5 characters in your party, whereas before you were limited to 3.
– Pulling off successful combos with your Keyblade will trigger a transformation, which gives you new weapons to use, like a hammer in the Toy Story world.
– There will be attacks called “Attractions” that you can utilise which are based on popular Disneyland rides.
I am dying to get my hands on Death Stranding for one reason. What even is it? Even the trailers don’t give us anything to go on, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not excited for it. There is no release date yet either. God damn, Kojima – just give us something more so we can actually understand what it is we’re going to be throwing our money at! Just kidding, I’m going to throw money at it regardless. We were, however, treated to a new trailer at E3, which if anything, gives us more questions and zero answers to them.
The Last of Us: Part 2 *Includes spoilers for the first game!*
The Last of Us Part 2 caused a bit of a stir, didn’t it? Regardless, we were given a trailer during Sony’s E3 conference, which featured the absence of Joel but a lot of action from Ellie. Joel is still part of the sequel though, so don’t worry about missing him too much. We got given a taster of the gameplay at E3 this year, showcasing smoother transitions in mechanics, with more violence and gore than the first instalment.
– The games theme is hate. The first instalment focused on the theme of love, which is clear through the focus on Joel’s journey after his daughters death and the bond forming between himself and Ellie. So, the trailers feel more gritty, dirty and focused on revenge – which I’m so down for.
– It will be set 3 years after the events of the first game.
– TLOU Part 2 will be heavily set in Seattle, which was predicted by reddit sleuths and later confirmed by the games director, Neil Druckmann.
Not much is really known about Transference. But, what we do know is that it will be fully VR compatible, and set within a simulation made by a scientist known as Raymond. It’s a psychological thriller where you will have to piece together the family secrets and repair their lives. It’s being developed by SpectreVision and Ubisoft Montreal and is expected to be released this year.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
OOOOOOH BOI, Super Smash Bros Ultimate was announced during Nintendo Treehouse this year, and has been on everyone’s lips ever since. Not only does Nintendo announce a new addition to the stellar series, but they also mention that there will be over 60 playable characters in the roster. It’s been given a release date of December 7 too!
– Every character that has ever been in a Smash Bros game will feature in the upcoming title, including DLC characters. You will also be able to use your smash series amiibo’s!
– You will also be able to use your Gamecube controller to play.
– There are a whole bunch of returning stages, such as: Green Hill Zone, Peach’s Castle and Spirit Train to name a few.
..I’m going to be very, very poor after this year. What games are you excited for this year? Let me know!